Week of October 6-10
Jewish Theological Seminary Library
New York, New York
Found on: Archives & Archivists listserv
The Jewish Theological Seminary (JTS) is currently searching for a part-time ( 24 hours per week) processing archivist for one year at The JTS Library. The processing archivist will be responsible for processing collections in Hebrew and English and work with Archivist Toolkit. The position commences in November 2014 and runs through October 2015 and is under the supervision of the Administrative Librarian for Special Collections.
About The Library of The Jewish Theological Seminary:
The Library of The Jewish Theological Seminary holds the foremost collection of Judaica and Hebraica in the Western Hemisphere, including manuscripts, rare printed books, periodicals, ephemeral materials, musical scores, sound recordings, moving images, graphic arts, and archives. It provides access to subscription databases and to its digital collections. The JTS Library serves the students and faculty of the institution in addition to the international community of scholars in Jewish studies and related areas. Please visit our web site at www.jtsa.edu/library.xml<http://www.jtsa.edu/library.xml>
* Physical reorganization, rehousing and sorting of archival collection in multiple formats including audio.
* Creation of finding aid in EAD format utilizing Archivist Toolkit
* MS in Library and Information Services with a concentration in archives or Archival Records Management.
* Excellent reading knowledge of Hebrew
* One year’s experience in processing archival collections
* Experience working with Archivist Toolkit
* Experience working with digital objects
* Excellent organizational skills, flexibility, interpersonal skills and demonstrated commitment to excellent service.
* Demonstrated ability to perform detailed tasks
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Don’t forget to also check last week’s roundup for more positions still open!